Free & Reduced Meals Application

Economic Data Survey Form
Application for Free & Reduced Price Meals

Economic Data Survey Form
For School Year 2024-25, please access this form through the website as normal.
For subsequent years, the form will be required to be filled out during the InfoSnap registration process each year.

Every four years, households will need to  complete a new Application for Free and Reduced Priced Meals.  The next scheduled year for this process will be

School Year 2027-28.

Take advantage of our easy online application for free or reduced-price meals simply by clicking on the icon below.

This online system will provide faster response time for families through improved accuracy and improved efficiency of process.

All information is kept strictly confidential.
Our web-based online Free & Reduced meal application system is available in English or Spanish.  Paper applications are also available at all school offices and kitchens.  Please use the official preprinted District 70 application for all English and Spanish applications, unless filling out the application online.

My school apps banner
(Para obtener este formulario en espanol, favor de visitar la oficina de la escuela de se estudiante.)
Availability of applications in languages other than English or Spanish
USDA/FNS provides translations of prototype (required Free and Reduced Meal application information, Letter to Parent and Instructions for Applying) materials that are available on the USDA/FNS website at to be printed.  The website provides Free and Reduced Meal material in 49 language translations for use by schools and school districts for the purpose of providing access to free or reduced meals.


Free & Reduced FAQs

May I complete an application for Free and Reduced-price meals by phone, fax, or on-line?
We are unable to accept applications by phone or fax due to our application processing system. All applications must be submitted on an official form either through our web-based system or official paper application turned in to the school offices or kitchens.

What are the benefits for completing the Free and Reduced-Price Meal application?
Besides having your child receive meals from our department, a school district’s funding is based largely on their Free/Reduced percentage.  Since Pueblo County School District 70 is one of the lowest funded districts in the state, you can make a sincere positive impact to the district’s overall funding and affect our availability to sustain and add new programs.

Who will see my application?
We may share eligibility information with federal education programs, state health and nutrition programs to help evaluate, fund or determine benefits for their programs, audits for program state and federal reviews, and district finance office.  Any information received is used solely for reporting to authoritative entities and will not be shared with private entities.

How do I apply for Free/Reduced-Price meal benefits for my children?
To receive meal benefits you must complete a Free/Reduced-Price meal application.  We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so please be sure to fill out all required information.
Completed applications must contain:
  • Student(s) Name(s)
  • The last 4-digits of the signing household member’s social security number OR check the box indicating "I do not have a Social Security Number"
  • If a SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps) application, name of person receiving SNAP and the 7-digit alpha-numeric household case number
  • If an income application, total household gross income or check the box indicating "No income" for every household member
  • Adult Signature

Why do I have to reapply each year?
Federal regulation requires that we have a new application on file each school year.

30-Day Carryover from Prior-Year
Students who were on free and reduced meal status at the end of the previous school year will “carry-over”
Their prior year’s eligibility status for the first 30 days of school or until a new application is received. This allows for student’s nutritional needs while parents are in the process of reapplying.

My family is on Free or Reduced Status, yet my student is still getting charged.  Why is that?
It is very possible that your student is purchasing a la carte items rather than purchasing a reimbursable meal.  Free and reduced status will only pay for students to have a full, reimbursable meal.  This means that they must take a fruit or juice with breakfast.  For lunch, students must have at least a ½ cup of fruit or vegetable with their meal to be considered reimbursable.  If that is not happening, then we are forced to charge our a la carte menu prices.

Why was my application selected for verification?
Federal guidelines require us to conduct income verification of at least 3% of all applications on file each year.  Applications are randomly selected for verification by our computer system.  Within a specified time period, parents/guardians must provide adequate documentation to verify income or information from the application they submitted. If the adequate documentation is not provided, the student could lose free or reduced-price meal benefits.

Why did my student's free/reduced status at the beginning of the year change to full paid status?
The following are some scenarios why you might have changed to a full paid status:
  • Federal guidelines require a new application every school year.  If you do not complete a new application within 30 student contact days from the first day of school, your children will automatically change to full paid status.
  • Federal guidelines require a random verification of information on applications once a year.  If you do not submit the required documentation within the verification time frame, your student(s) will change to full paid status.

How do I know what my student's meal status will be?
Once your application has been processed, we will send you a notification letter stating what your student's meal status will be.  Please keep this letter for your records. The letter will be sent via mail from our department administrative office.

What happens if I do not fill out the application?
Your household will be required to pay the full price for any meal your child purchases at school or you can provide a lunch from home.

Please direct further questions regarding the Free & Reduced application to this office at (719) 295-6535.